Southern Company Supply Chain Sourcing Specialist - Vogtle 1 & 2 in Waynesboro, Georgia
Supply Chain Sourcing Specialist - Vogtle 1 & 2
Supply Chain Specialist- Plant Vogtle 1 & 2
It is an exciting time to be part of Southern Nuclear Operating Company (SNC). If a new and significant challenge is what you are looking for, and if you are energized, positive, committed, and eager to make a difference, then we are looking for YOU to join our team!
SNC, headquartered in Birmingham, AL, operates Southern Company’s six nuclear reactors located in Alabama and Georgia: two reactors are located at Plant Vogtle, near Waynesboro, GA; two reactors at Plant Hatch, near Baxley, GA, and two reactors at Plant Farley, near Dothan, AL. In addition, construction is well underway on two new state of the art reactors at the Plant Vogtle location. These are the first new reactors being built in the United States in over 30 years.
This position will be filled based on the expertise and experience of the successful candidate. The primary responsibility for this position will be the sourcing of materials or commodities for SNC’s nuclear fleet.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide plant procurement services in support of SNC’s (6) operating reactors. This role will support its customers by offering cradle to grave purchases of materials, equipment, and low risk services for nuclear power plants as outlined in Supply Chain Management (SCM) procedures and the Quality Assurance (QA) Program, including the development of competitive bids and use of sourcing contracts for materials and/or services.
• Perform review and analysis of competitive bids, contractor background and contracts for accuracy, completeness, absence of conflicting terms and compliance with all company policies and procedures.
• Partner with both Corporate and Site customers throughout Southern Nuclear Fleet to ensure the customer’s procurement needs and concerns are thoroughly researched, addressed and addressed effectively.
• Represent SNC with company peers, customers, and suppliers to achieve vendor quality, supplier diversity, and cost goals.
• Participate on special project teams to achieve synergies across the Southern Company in volume procurement, strategic sourcing, commercial grade dedication efforts or shared inventory opportunities.
• Coordinate shipment, order follow-up and expediting activities as assigned.
• Perform rotating on-call duty to support emergent plant procurement needs during outages, weekends, holidays, or nights per rotating duty schedule.
• Bachelor's degree preferred but not required for these positions.
• Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM); Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM); Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM) or Certified Commercial Contract Manager (CCCM) is a plus.
• At least two years of experience related to supply chain management or work management is preferred for these positions.
• Working knowledge of the Contract Guidance Manual, Supply Chain policies, procedures, practices and quality assurance requirements is required.
• General knowledge of finance and accounting practices is desired.
• General knowledge of power plant systems and equipment is desired.
• Experience working in nuclear plant operations is desired.
• Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills is a plus.
• Good interpersonal and communications skills are a must.
• Ability to maintain confidential information related to procurement activities and the Procure to Pay Guidelines is required.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers is required.
• Knowledge and Enterprise Solutions Tools, specifically MAXIMO & Southern Company Sourcing, are preferred.
• Extensive use of Microsoft Office applications is required for these positions.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America’s premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Supply Chain
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-East Georgia-Waynesboro
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Plant Vogtle - 7821 River Road (7821WAYNESBORO)
7821 River Road
Req ID: SNC2005700