Southern Company Electrical & I&C Engineer - Plant Vogtle 1&2 in Waynesboro, Georgia
Electrical & I&C Engineer - Plant Vogtle 1&2
Electrical and I&C Engineers (Plant Vogtle 1&2) - Waynesboro, GA
If you want to make an impact, then we want YOU!
Want to use your skills to make a difference in your community every single day? Then join the Southern Nuclear team that’s improving the lives of our neighbors in Alabama and Georgia. We operate six units for Alabama Power and Georgia Power that generate vital energy for our communities:
• Joseph M. Farley Nuclear Plant near Dothan, Ala.
• Edwin I. Hatch Nuclear Plant near Baxley, Ga.
• Alvin W. Vogtle Electric Generating Plant near Waynesboro, Ga.
Thanks to our people, we’ve earned our place as an energy leader. Take a look at this opportunity to see how people like you make a positive impact in the community:
Engineers selected for these job openings at Southern Nuclear Plant Vogtle 1&2 may have opportunities to work in a variety of areas. We are looking for Electrical Engineers and I&C Engineers with the energy and drive to work on a variety of projects utilizing their preferred area of expertise, as well as being open to learning new skills and programs.
Southern Nuclear seeks well qualified engineers with Electrical and/or I&C Engineering or similar backgrounds at Plant Vogtle 1&2, near Augusta, GA. The positions will be filled at exempt levels commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications.
Responsibilities include: Solve and troubleshoot system, component, and/or instrumentation and controls problems, provide direct technical support for operations and maintenance, and plan long term performance improvements of assigned systems or components.
Provide preparation/coordination of designs, safety evaluations, engineering analyses, drawings, cost estimates and schedules for plant modifications and retrofits.
• Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline from an ABET accredited college or university is required. An active PE license may be considered in place of an ABET degree. Engineering Technology degrees will not be accepted.
• Professional Engineer Registration or advanced degree is a plus
• Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) license/certification, or equivalent Navy experience is a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A minimum of 2 (two) years of related engineering experience desired
• Previous Nuclear Power plant experience is preferred
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
• Working knowledge of common computer tools, including MS Word and Excel
• A background in engineering with working knowledge of applicable discipline codes, standards and regulatory requirements related to the nuclear power industry.
• An ability to solve problems and make sound engineering decisions, based on experience and appropriate industry practices, in order to make timely decisions which might impact plant safety and reliability.
• Must exhibit the Southern Style behaviors - Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance, Total Commitment
• Unquestionable Trust: Honesty, respect, fairness and integrity drive behaviors. Keeps promises and has ethical behavior as a standard
• Superior Performance: Dedicated to superior performance and sets high expectations. Priorities are safety first, teamwork and diversity and continuous improvement through leadership
• Total Commitment: Committed to success of employees, customers, and shareholders and to citizenship and stewardship
• Candidate must meet background screening and NRC Fitness for Duty requirements
Please note: This position may require the successful completion of the SNC Initial Engineering Training as a condition of continued employment. The training is approximately 5 weeks long and is a rigorous period that may require studying after work hours.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America’s premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-East Georgia-Waynesboro
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Plant Vogtle - 7821 River Road (7821WAYNESBORO)
7821 River Road
Req ID: SNC2005312