System Administrator, Specialist (Atlanta or Birmingham)
JOB SUMMARY :
This position is primarily responsible for maintaining the uptime and viability of a Citrix Virtual Applications and Desktops environment. Working in a team setting, this role will lead engineering efforts, future planning and continually improving user experience. This includes owning day-to-day operational tasks, performing server builds, publishing applications, provisioning virtual desktops, and acting as a virtualization SME for support personnel. This position will also be responsible for engineering and implementing solutions to maintain security compliance across the Citrix environment.
• BS/BA in Computer Science or MIS is desired
• Experience and knowledge of Citrix Virtual Applications and Desktops infrastructure is required
• Experience and knowledge of Citrix Application Layering and User Layers is required
• Experience and knowledge of Citrix Workspace Environment Management is required
• Experience with VDI environments is required (large environments preferred)
• Experience working with a hybrid cloud environment is preferred
• Knowledge of RDS and Citrix licensing is preferred.
• Knowledge & Experience of other virtualization platforms (Azure Virtual Desktop, VMware Horizon, etc.) is preferred.
• Experience scripting with PowerShell is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Active Directory and Citrix group policy is preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of Citrix Provisioning Server is preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of VMware ESX is preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of VMWare Workspace ONE is preferred
• Ability to provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Windows Operating Systems on physical and virtual platforms
• General knowledge of information technologies
• Ability to effectively organize tasks, manage multiple priorities/details, meet schedules, and deliver on customer commitments
• Ability to negotiate with and influence others - internally as well as vendors
• Ability to build relationships and work in a team atmosphere as well as work independently
• Ability to provide and accept feedback
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Professional oral and written communication skills are required
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Communicate progress, problems and best practices to management, leads and teammates.
• Work with virtualization architect and peers to develop progressive solutions and processes.
• Serve as a virtualization subject matter expert on project teams.
• Diagnose and resolve problems to maintain environment stability and provide third-level support to other areas both within and outside of IT.
• Follow standard processes for hardware, software and project completion, problem resolution and change management.
• Partner with Security and peer teams to develop engineering solutions to maintain security compliance for all aspects of the Citrix environment
• Manage environment version currency balancing critical business requirements with security compliance
Alabama Power provides the valuable combination of competitive prices, reliable electricity supply and unparalleled service to 1.4 million homes, businesses and industries in the southern two-thirds of Alabama123.
SouthernLINC Wireless is the wireless communication service from Southern Company which combines multiple communication services into one handset or installed device, including Instant LINC two-way radio, phone service, numeric and text messaging, and wireless data and Internet access. SouthernLINC Wireless operates in the Southeast and targets businesses, government and Southern Company subsidiaries.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Georgia Power is the largest electric subsidiary of Southern Company (NYSE: SO), America's premier energy company. Value, Reliability, Customer Service and Stewardship are the cornerstones of the Company's promise to 2.6 million customers in all but four of Georgia's 159 counties. Committed to delivering clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy at rates below the national average, Georgia Power maintains a diverse, innovative generation mix that includes nuclear, coal and natural gas, as well as renewables such as solar, hydroelectric and wind. Georgia Power focuses on delivering world-class service to its customers every day and the Company is consistently recognized by J.D. Power and Associates as an industry leader in customer satisfaction. For more information, visit www.GeogiaPower.com and connect with the Company on Facebook ( Facebook.com/GeorgiaPower ), Twitter ( Twitter.com/GeorgiaPower ) and Instagram ( Instagram.com/ga_power ).
Mississippi Power a subsidiary of Southern Company, serves southeast Mississippi. We have a history of customer and community service, economic development leadership, environmental stewardship and employee involvement.
Southern Nuclear's top priority is the safety and health of the public, our employees and the environment. We are committed to the safe operation of our nuclear generating facilities with equipment and systems that meet strict Nuclear Regulatory Commission safety and design regulations. Each Southern Nuclear employee is committed to instilling Institute for Nuclear Power Operations' "Principles for a Strong Nuclear Safety Culture" in every aspect of their responsibilities.
Southern Power , a subsidiary of Southern Company, is a leading U.S. wholesale energy provider meeting the electricity needs of municipalities, electric cooperatives, investor-owned utilities and other energy customers. Southern Power and its subsidiaries own 47 facilities operating or under construction in 11 states with more than 12,800 MW of generating capacity in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma and Texas.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is a leading energy company serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries as of Jan. 1, 2019. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in three states, natural gas distribution companies in four states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America, a leading distributed energy infrastructure company, a fiber optics network and telecommunications services . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices below the national average. For more than a century, we have been building the future of energy and developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, advanced carbon capture technologies, natural gas, renewables, energy efficiency and storage technology. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation and a low-carbon future, Southern Company and its subsidiaries develop the customized energy solutions our customers and communities require to drive growth and prosperity. Our uncompromising values ensure we put the needs of those we serve at the center of everything we do and govern our business to the benefit of our world. Our corporate culture and hiring practices have been recognized nationally by the U.S. Department of Defense, G.I. Jobs magazine, DiversityInc, Black Enterprise, Forbes and the Women's Choice Award. To learn more, visit www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: The Southern Company
Other Locations: Alabama-Metro Birmingham/Eastern AL-Birmingham
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Georgia Power Headquarters - 241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE (241ATLANTA)
241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE
APC Corporate Headquarters - 600 North 18th Street (600BIRMINGHAM)
600 North 18th Street
Req ID: SCS2011315