Southern Company Supervisor, Consumer Relations in Atlanta, Georgia
Supervisor, Consumer Relations
The purpose of this position is to supervise the daily operations of the Consumer Relations Team in support of SouthStar Energy Services. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that all work is completed in an acceptable manner and on time. The incumbent is responsible for responding to service requests, questions, complaints, billing and general inquiries, with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism to resolve customer issues. The incumbent is also responsible for processing back office requests, enrollment and system exceptions, and the daily correspondence review. The incumbent’s responsibilities include ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances; meeting and measuring key performance indicators and internal and regulatory service levels. Responsibilities also include the direct supervision and development of hourly employees.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities by Competency
• Supervise employee activity (work management, delegation) to ensure attainment of work goals
• Monitor and measure operational performance against established goals and metrics (service level, productivity, quality) .
• Respond to customer inquiries in accordance with established service level requirements across multiple channels (phone, email, letter, call center, LDCs).
• Respond to regulatory and customer advocacy inquiries in accordance with established service level requirements across multiple channels (phone, email, letter, call center, LDCs).
• Respond to executive inquiries in accordance with established service level requirements across multiple channels (phone, email, letter, call center, LDCs).
• Provide resolution to customer issues through direct contact or guidance to subordinates.
• Communicate and administer policy and procedure and ensures compliance within work team
• Document work flow and processes.
• Maintain regulatory compliance.
• Track related work activity for business process reporting & workload management.
• Develop and manage operation plan including contingency planning for core activities within assigned area of responsibility (based on strategic objectives)
• Align work processes in compliance with customer care policy and processes (customer contact handling, staffing and retention, workforce management, employee relations)
• Influence business decisions through root cause analysis, process validation, best practice research, and timely communication
• Implement best practices to improve the customer experience
• Analyze and interpret business data and information
• Accountable for staff selection, development and retention for employee groups
• Leads monthly meetings with peer groups and upper management to discuss trends and performance in the customer experience functions
• Lead monthly communication forums within employee group to ensure information exchange and participation in decision making processes
• Leads morale building activities
• Manage peer relationships
• Accountable for department performance
• Accountable for employee performance management
• Accountable for employee development and coaching
• Monitor and evaluate verbal, written, and system skills of employees
• Develop action plans for the business and operation needs of the organization
• Develop training baseline for employee group
• Responsible for driving results, setting expectations, prioritizing work, evaluating results and taking corrective action as needed
• Must meet KPI and service level targets on a consistent basis
• Associates Degree or equivalent experience
• BA/BS degree
Related Work Experience:
• 5-7 years customer care leadership experience
• 2-3 years utility experience
Equivalent academic education and work experience
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
• MS PowerPoint - basic proficiency
• MS Excel - intermediate proficiency
• MS Word- intermediate proficiency
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Planning and organization
• Time and task management
• Keyboard 40 WPM
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• The incumbent works in an office environment
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: SouthStar Energy Services
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): No
SouthStar Energy Services - 817 W. Peachtree St., NW (817AtlantaCODE)
817 W. Peachtree St., NW
Req ID: GAS2001686