Southern Company Senior Customer Satisfaction Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Senior Customer Satisfaction Analyst
The primary purpose of this commercial position is to manage all aspects of SouthStar Energy’s voice of the customer program across multiple retail markets and customer touch points. Touch points include, but are not limited to, call center (inbound and outbound), customer care back office, Consumer Relations, direct mail, remittance processing, CIS systems, speech analytics, email and social media. The incumbent in this position will manage and oversee the collection of customer feedback across multiple channels. He or she will also be responsible for analyzing the collected data and identifying voice of the customer improvement opportunities. Once opportunities are identified, he or she will develop project plans spanning across multiple internal departments and external vendors. Once plans are developed, the incumbent will be responsible for the ongoing management of the projects and implementation of the improvements.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities by Competency
• Manage the collection of customer feedback. This includes working with vendors to develop and conduct ongoing customer satisfaction surveys and the collection of results.
• Organize customer feedback received from multiple sources and formats. Data can include numerical values, index scores and verbatim comments from customers and representatives.
• Develop and execute queries in the speech analytics system as well as multiple CIS systems.
• Collect and manage data from speech analytics system and multiple CIS systems.
• Analyze data collected from multiple sources and in multiple to identify and quantify customer concerns in a consolidated and concise manner.
• Develop and manage projects of various sizes and across multiple departments and organizations.
• Develop customer satisfaction effort indexes.
• Develop customer effort indexes.
• Oversee JD Power call center certification program.
• Develop and execute routine reporting on customer satisfaction goals.
• Create and maintain executive dashboards related to customer satisfaction.
• Create actionable plans from results of analysis and make recommendations to business owners.
• Serve as subject matter expert in advising management on customer satisfaction and feedback.
• Review and account for existing system and operational processes when interpreting customer satisfaction analysis and when recommending improvement opportunities.
• Manage repeat call database
• Provide regular inputs for Customer Operations business and budget planning and assist with the monthly budget process as needed.
• Maintain knowledge of contractual requirements across all Customer Operations vendors and partners.
• Maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements and changes across all markets.
• Work with inbound and outbound calling vendors to set up and monitor customer survey efforts.
• Proactively communicate issues, concerns, status or questions to all stakeholders as required in a timely manner.
• Work with IT resources to ensure proper support and management of data.
• Work with other SSE departments and vendors to vet customer feedback and improvement opportunities.
• Serve as liaison between the voice of the customer and the rest of the SSE business (e.g. marketing, regulatory, legal and operations).
• Interpret the results of customer satisfaction analysis based on current operations and make recommendations on improvement opportunities.
• Develop and manage comprehensive project plans across multiple organizations to ensure successful implementation of voice of the customer improvement efforts.
• Develop and present business cases to support action or inaction from customer feedback.
• Measure and report on the impacts of improvement efforts.
• Analyze repeat call activity identifying root cause
• Develop and implement improvements to reduce repeat call activity
• Bachelor’s degree
• PMP Certification
Related Work Experience:
• 5 years of applicable experience
• Past experience organizing, interpreting, and making recommendations based on data trends and analysis
• Past experience managing multiple large scale projects
• Past experience managing multiple BPO vendors across comprehensive customer care functions
• Previous experience in building and executing SQL queries
• Previous experience in a consumer services or B2C industry
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
• Ability to conduct trending and data analysis
• Excellent analytical skills
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• Advanced Excel and database skills
• Exceptional relationship management skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner with customers, co-workers and vendors
• Ability to manage multiple high-priority items simultaneously
• Knowledge and experience developing dashboards with Tableau
• Operational knowledge of the deregulated natural gas markets in multiple jurisdictions
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• This position occasionally requires prolonged standing or walking
• This position occasionally requires incumbent to reach above shoulder level
• The position occasionally requires incumbent to bend, kneel, crouch or crawl
• This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds
• The incumbent works in an office environment
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: SouthStar Energy Services
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): No
SouthStar Energy Services - 817 W. Peachtree St., NW (817AtlantaCODE)
817 W. Peachtree St., NW
Req ID: GAS2001872