IT Infrastructure Analyst (Atlanta or Birmingham)
This position is responsible for the implementation and on-going technical support for Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM), formerly known as System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). The primary responsibilities include the design, installation, upgrades, and management of the environment, as well as the support of the functional areas within the Technology Organization that leverage MECM to provide services and support for the Windows environment. This position partners with other areas within the Technology Organization for standard and consulting needed to provide quality solutions.
Must have strong understanding of following to support a MECM environment:
• Networking technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Subnet/Mask)
• Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and corresponding query language (WQL)
• Microsoft SQL (basic database management; queries)
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to tailor communication as appropriate for the audience
• Capable of building productive relationships with teammates and business partners focused on teamwork and cooperation
• Highly organized with proven ability to manage multiple and competing priorities under tight deadlines
• Able to work in a professional environment with limited direct supervision
• Leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups and a demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, often solving problems and providing solutions for business partners, but more frequently equipping them or others with the knowledge and necessary tools for self-sufficiency
• Capable of identifying and implementing technical and business orientated process improvements
• Familiar with modern software development, source control and change management methodologies
• Commitment to continuous learning and improvement – Stays abreast of new technologies and techniques in the market; Looks for opportunities improve through strategy and innovation
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage and support the MECM content distribution infrastructure (including master content library and 200 distribution points
• Provide superior focus and support for MECM Server and Workstation client health and settings
• Monitor and update MECM current branch versions - testing, communication and deployment of new product versions
• Manage and Support Active Directory (AD) Group Discovery, AD System Discovery, User Discovery and Heartbeat Discovery
• Manage and Support MECM Site Configurations
• Manage and Support boundary and boundary groups based on environment changes
• Provide insights and reporting about the MECM environment
• Develop scripts and automations to troubleshoot and support the MECM environment (PowerShell, WMI, C#, SQL, WQL, etc.)
• Provide infrastructure support for Pre-Boot Execution Environment (PXE) that supports imaging throughout the company
• Self-Starter – Able to work in a professional environment with limited direct supervision
• Change Leader – willing to drive cultural and behavioral change that will contribute to maturing and improving the overall effectiveness of technology across the organization
• Continuous Learner –
• Positive Can-Do Attitude – Must be willing to take full responsibility for duties and work effectively under the pressure of deadlines and shifting priorities
• Results-Oriented – Acts with speed and decisiveness; takes initiative does what it takes to meet commitments
• Customer focused – Possess strong people skills that build successful working relationships with peers and internal and external business partners
• Safety Focused – Accepts responsibility for the safety of yourself and co-workers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field is preferred
• At least 2 years of experience supporting a complex computing environment with MECM
Alabama Power provides the valuable combination of competitive prices, reliable electricity supply and unparalleled service to 1.4 million homes, businesses and industries in the southern two-thirds of Alabama123.
SouthernLINC Wireless is the wireless communication service from Southern Company which combines multiple communication services into one handset or installed device, including Instant LINC two-way radio, phone service, numeric and text messaging, and wireless data and Internet access. SouthernLINC Wireless operates in the Southeast and targets businesses, government and Southern Company subsidiaries.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Georgia Power is the largest electric subsidiary of Southern Company (NYSE: SO), America's premier energy company. Value, Reliability, Customer Service and Stewardship are the cornerstones of the Company's promise to 2.6 million customers in all but four of Georgia's 159 counties. Committed to delivering clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy at rates below the national average, Georgia Power maintains a diverse, innovative generation mix that includes nuclear, coal and natural gas, as well as renewables such as solar, hydroelectric and wind. Georgia Power focuses on delivering world-class service to its customers every day and the Company is consistently recognized by J.D. Power and Associates as an industry leader in customer satisfaction. For more information, visit www.GeogiaPower.com and connect with the Company on Facebook ( Facebook.com/GeorgiaPower ), Twitter ( Twitter.com/GeorgiaPower ) and Instagram ( Instagram.com/ga_power ).
Mississippi Power a subsidiary of Southern Company, serves southeast Mississippi. We have a history of customer and community service, economic development leadership, environmental stewardship and employee involvement.
Southern Nuclear's top priority is the safety and health of the public, our employees and the environment. We are committed to the safe operation of our nuclear generating facilities with equipment and systems that meet strict Nuclear Regulatory Commission safety and design regulations. Each Southern Nuclear employee is committed to instilling Institute for Nuclear Power Operations' "Principles for a Strong Nuclear Safety Culture" in every aspect of their responsibilities.
Southern Power , a subsidiary of Southern Company, is a leading U.S. wholesale energy provider meeting the electricity needs of municipalities, electric cooperatives, investor-owned utilities and other energy customers. Southern Power and its subsidiaries own 47 facilities operating or under construction in 11 states with more than 12,800 MW of generating capacity in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma and Texas.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is a leading energy company serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries as of Jan. 1, 2019. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in three states, natural gas distribution companies in four states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America, a leading distributed energy infrastructure company, a fiber optics network and telecommunications services . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices below the national average. For more than a century, we have been building the future of energy and developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, advanced carbon capture technologies, natural gas, renewables, energy efficiency and storage technology. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation and a low-carbon future, Southern Company and its subsidiaries develop the customized energy solutions our customers and communities require to drive growth and prosperity. Our uncompromising values ensure we put the needs of those we serve at the center of everything we do and govern our business to the benefit of our world. Our corporate culture and hiring practices have been recognized nationally by the U.S. Department of Defense, G.I. Jobs magazine, DiversityInc, Black Enterprise, Forbes and the Women's Choice Award. To learn more, visit www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: Southern Company Services
Other Locations: Alabama-Metro Birmingham/Eastern AL-Birmingham
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Georgia Power Headquarters - 241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE (241ATLANTA)
241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE
APC Corporate Headquarters - 600 North 18th Street (600BIRMINGHAM)
600 North 18th Street
Req ID: SCS2011309