Southern Company Inventory Control Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Inventory Control Analyst
The purpose of this position is to provide inventory management and control for the company’s service center, warehouse, depot, and plant locations. This role is responsible for ensuring inventory availability, providing inventory analysis, forecasting material usage, and auditing physical inventories at all locations. In conjunction with these primary functions, the role will coordinate with the company’s suppliers to optimize inventory and service levels. Additionally, this role develops and delivers user training as required.
• Maintains inventory on ERP Material Management System (e.g., adds/removes stock numbers, adds new items and descriptions).
• Maintains appropriate inventory levels to ensure material availability and minimize Company's investment.
• Set up, maintain, and monitor Depot Level Service material at all company and contractor locations.
• Coordinates monthly inventory cycle counts; enters group category numbers, informs Service Centers of the numbers to be counted.
• Monitors and/or processes all material returns and material distribution corrections and journal entries to ensure that materials and activities are accurately charged to the proper accounts. This includes and the handling of returned nonstock material.
• Schedules, monitors, and assists in performing all physical counts of materials at the company, including the daily cycle counts, physical pipe counts at the contractor yards, and the fuel and pipe inventories at the company yards. Reconciles the inventory variances and make the appropriate entries to ERP to correct identified errors.
• Consults with third party material integrator, suppliers and contractors; works closely with Buyers and Regional Management to define service and material levels.
• Assists field personnel with special requests, delivery schedules, and material availability for both stock and non-stock items. Assists customers with questions on ordering
• Provides customers (e.g. Field operations personnel, Project Coordinators, and pipeline contractors) with pipeline infrastructure materials.
• Supports internal and external customers to achieve best practices and material standardization. Prepares data and assists with internal and external audits.
• Attend various business units’ departmental meetings and provide service/value to their needs.
• Maintains all corporate inventory, construction, and maintenance inventory.
• Assists in defining inventory levels for suppliers, regional depots, and contractors.
• Conducts weekly audits for contractor site inventories.
• Monitors service levels; coordinates material planning with company and contractor personnel.
• High School Diploma
• BA/BS Degree in Professional procurement or supply chain certification (C.P.M., CPSM, CPPB, and/or CPPO).
Related Work Experience:
• 3 years experience in Materials Management and/or natural gas industry.
• 5 years experience in Materials Management and/or natural gas industry
• Experience in Materials Management in the energy industry
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
• MS Excel – advanced proficiency
• MS Word – intermediate proficiency
• MS PowerPoint – basic proficiency
• MS Access - intermediate proficiency
• Organization skills
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• PeopleSoft PSMMS or ERP Module/System –- advanced proficiency
• Advanced proficiency of (PeopleSoft PSMMS)
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements :
A. Travel Requirements
Occasional Traveler (25% travel): The incumbent will be required to travel on occasion. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
B. Physical Demands
a) Prolonged Standing or walking. This position frequently requires prolonged standing or walking.
b) Reaching above shoulder-level. This position frequently requires the incumbent to reach above shoulder-level.
c) Bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling. This position frequently requires the incumbent to bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
C. Weightlifting Requirement.
a) This position requires the ability to lift 10-25 pounds.
D. Work Environment
• The incumbent works in a warehouse environment.
• The incumbent may/will be exposed to varying outdoor weather conditions.
• The incumbent may/will be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, or chemicals.
• The incumbent may/will work near or with moving mechanical parts.
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Gas Pipeline Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: Southern Company Gas
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
AGLR Corporate Office - 10 Peachtree Place NE (10AtlantaCODE)
10 Peachtree Place NE
Req ID: GAS2001937