Southern Company Client Relations Associate in Atlanta, Georgia
Client Relations Associate
The primary purpose of this position is to profitably increase the count of residents served through our Multifamily Department. Additionally, this position will provide support for the multifamily, condominium and home builder sales channels, including account management as well as perform ongoing tracking and reporting for management. This commercial position assists B2B contract processing and set up while interfacing with customers and billing team members to provide timely and accurate information to customers and B2B managers.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities by Competency
• Create revenue growth through new business development, actively managing bad debt, and providing market intel to implement effective solutions and innovations
• Utilize data to identify and improve key metrics in underperforming contract clients by setting individualized goals and independently tracking results of sales efforts per company policy and procedure
• Promptly solve escalated customer service issues including billing concerns and resident account set up by leveraging internal and external relationships.
• Build and maintain customer relationships through monthly calls, periodic visits, training sessions and community events to drive sales
• Assists in organizing and setting up customer outings, trade shows, etc., and attends association events, while increasing industry expertise through trade certifications
• Accurately initiates ACN contracts through GCMA to include the correct meters, while addressing inactive meters and ensuring that landlord accounts are truly vacant
• Ensures contacts and recipients of MSBs, Community Activity Reports and Incentive Backing are up to date with all paperwork complete and filed per company policy and procedure
• Manages Siebel SFA system to ensure that required account information is complete and entered in a timely and accurate manner
• Aligns customer needs to Retail Energy product portfolio to attract and retain customers while optimizing account profitability.
• Understand the business supported and make tactical and operational recommendations and decisions that help achieve acquisition and retention targets.
• Deals directly with customers as needed to handle daily issues and interfaces with internal departments and external vendors to ensure that all issues are resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner
• Shares information on all products with clients; serves as liaison between clients and appropriate departments and support functions
• Coordinates, maintains and generates reports on all data related to sales promotions and incentives, development of sales/marketing materials, and all other information relevant to tracking sales activity and sales force performance
• High degree of critical thinking and problem solving ability to manage and complete multiple high priority projects and activities with strict time-sensitive deadlines.
Education, Certifications/Licenses :
Associate’s degree or 4 years of applicable work experience
Related Work Experience:
• 4 years of applicable experience
• 3 years of experience in a sales or service industry environment
• Proven success in account management for multifamily customers
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
• Strong operational knowledge of various Windows-based application programs. Current Internet technologies and CRM tools
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees, customers and vendors
• Highly service and results-oriented
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks effectively
• Ability to work under moderate supervision; ability to work independently, yet operate effectively as a team player
• Bilingual Spanish
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• The position may be required to travel on a regular basis (40-60%), sometimes using his or her personal vehicle. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stays away from home for one or more nights.
• This position occasionally requires prolonged standing or walking
• This position occasionally requires incumbent to reach above shoulder level
• The position occasionally requires incumbent to bend, kneel, crouch or crawl
• This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds
• The position works in an office environment
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: SouthStar Energy Services
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 50 % of the Time
SouthStar Energy Services - 817 W. Peachtree St., NW (817AtlantaCODE)
817 W. Peachtree St., NW
Req ID: GAS2001811